Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: Looking for a door...

  1. #11
    Inactive Member John Walters's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 6th, 2006
    Posts
    10
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Damn, it's too bad I didn't find out about this a week ago. I just finished having a week off and I really could have gone for doing something stupid like driving 48 each way for a door. How long can you hold onto it for? I might be able to come out and get it later. Or, perhaps it would be cheaper to ship it down to one of my family members in LA, and I could get it from them. If you have any ideas, I'm open to suggestions.

  2. #12
    Inactive Member CRX97SiR's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21st, 2001
    Posts
    193
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't have anyone knocking down my front door for it. I have had it for a while. I don't think it's going anywhere soon.

  3. #13
    Inactive Member John Walters's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 6th, 2006
    Posts
    10
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Out of curiosity, how much would it cost to ship it?

  4. #14
    Inactive Member CRX97SiR's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21st, 2001
    Posts
    193
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I haven't the slightest idea. I'm guessing it would be kinda spendy, being freight, size, and fragile (window) I think you might find out, the rough estimate by going to a parts place in Portland Oregon. I could take the door to a place that would ship it. I think they would need the weight, dimentions and stuff. Could just call a place and ask what may be the shipping cost on a door. Try Autoadventure.net They are a co-sponsor of mine, and I could ask too, but I don't have an address, or zip. I also think it would, or could be cheaper to have shipped to a buisness that can receive freight. I looked, and the highest average was $165, but could be more.

  5. #15
    Inactive Member John Walters's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 6th, 2006
    Posts
    10
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    $165 plus the cost of the door itself... Hmmm... Man, why don't I just live out west? That's prolly a bit too rich for my blood right now, since I'm really looking into fixing the internals before I worry about the looks. But, in case I can make the whole thing work sometime, could I email you to see if you still have it and we could arrange something?

  6. #16
    Inactive Member John Walters's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 6th, 2006
    Posts
    10
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Update: There's a guy in Connecticut that has a door shell and fender that he's willing to sell me. The price is about the same but the distance is far more manageable. Thanks anyway, but it looks as though I'll be going in that direction.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •